This is a timely gem for Dynamics GP from Doug Pitcher:
I’ve been really impressed with a lot of our clients this year. I usually don’t start the 1099 rush until January 30th but I have been getting a lot of calls already about the 1099 process. I did a blog last year about 1099’s found here. This is a good overview of the 1099 process.
A couple of comments about the 1099 process that I’ve come across this year are listed below.
- I find it easiest to look at the yearly summary (still under Cards>>purchasing>>summary>>yearly tab>>change to calendar year view) and see how much was paid during the year versus the 1099 amount
- To edit the 1099 amount it will have to be done in the 1099 detail window
- If you only see zero’s on your edit list you need to install SP2 or higher for 10.0
- If you have a vendor listed as 1099 and it shouldn’t be, delete the amounts in the 1099 window before changing the status to be “Not a 1099 Vendor”. It will still show up on your 1099’s otherwise
- If you have a vendor listed as dividend and not the usual miscellaneous you will have to zero out all dividend amounts and replace it in the miscellaneous window in the 1099 detail window
- If you haven’t listed the vendor as a 1099 vendor you will have to edit the amounts in the 1099 detail window as it doesn’t go back and calculate for anything previous to the change
- The minimum amount setting is under payables setup (Microsoft Dynamics GP>>tools>>setup>>purchasing>>payables>>1099 setup). This used to be in the print 1099 window.
- If you have a vendor that was paid $600, change the minimum in payables setup to be $599.99 or no 1099 will be printed for that vendor.
- For 9.0 and before you edit 1099 details in the period view (cards>>purchasing>>summary>>period tab)
- GP does not produce the 1096 summary form. Go figure.
Looking for new apps? Check out this article,